Monday, January 14, 2013

Portfolio - "Update"

I recently did make a major change to my portfolio. I sold some stock and raised some cash from CDs to finance a home purchase for my family, where I will live. It was complicated and took advantage of two short sales and a still discounted home price (about 26% from the 2005 new-home purchase price). The result for me, holding the mortgage on the home. So, besides the mortgage, stocks, etc are....

PEP (Pepsico)
WAG (Walgreen)
PG (Procter and Gamble
KO (Coca Cola)
GPC (Genuine Products)
MMM (3M)
ADP (Automatc Data Processing)
HAS (Hasbro)
KMB (Kimberly Clark)
T (AT&T)
SYY (Sysco)
JNJ (Johnson & Johnson)
AVP (Avon Products) 2014 call options

The stock portfolio represents about 13% of my net worth, Gold/Silver about 2%,  and CDs, cash and Mortgage (about 85%). And I will be using my investment cash flow to build up my stock portfolio to about 25% of my net worth, depending upon which stock opportunities exist. Also, I continue to hold no debt.

No comments: