Sunday, May 18, 2014

Portfolio - "Update"

I recently added some cash to my portfolio because my broker offered a cash incentive, plus some free trades. I then used the cash to add to my Mattel (MAT) position and take a new position in Verizon (VZ). MAT, because it still had a reasonable PE of about 15 and dividend of about 4%, VZ, because it had a PE of about 10 and dividend of about 4.5%. Both are consistent with my strategy of buying businesses which have products or services always in demand, pay a good dividend with a history of raising it each year, also having a good balance sheet.

Then, I did sell my TIPS since they had risen above par value, also making it convenient to add a cash position to take advantage of any stock price dips.

My portfolio, in order of largest holding to least....

INTC (Intel)
WAG (Walgreen)
MAT (Mattel)
PEP (Pepsi)
PG (Procter & Gamble)
GPC (Genuine Parts)
MMM (3M)
KO (Coca Cola)
HAS (Hasbro)
ADP (Automatic Data Processing)
T (AT&T)
KMB (Kimberly Clark)
SYY (Sysco)
VZ (Verizon)
K (Kellogg)
DPS (Dr. Pepper, Snapple)
6% GNMA (Government National Mortgage Association) Bonds

Stocks make up abt 25% of my assets.  Other assets are CDs, a home mortgage and about 2% precious metals..

No comments: